Y’all, this was recipe was introduced to me by D Brock. She made a huge impact on my life when I was in my early 20’s and showed me how important family is…and let me tell ya, this recipe will bring any family together. There’s no arguing that butter, sugar, cinnamon, cream cheese, and crescent rolls are the perfect marriage. Take this bad boy out of the oven, let it cool at room temperature, take it out of the springform, slice and serve. If you’re feeling extra fancy, a dusting of powdered sugar and a scoop of Bluebell Homemade Vanilla is never a bad idea.
16 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (butter style)
1T plain vanilla extract
2T cinnamon (1T to mix with cream cheese filling, 1T to mix as cinnamon sugar garnish)
2 cup sugar (1c to mix with cream cheese filling, 1c to mix with cinnamon for garnish)
1 stick+1T unsalted butter (1 stick melted, 1T for buttering pan)
nonstick 8 inch spring form
- Butter every square inch of your spring form
- Lay 1 crescent rolls worth of dough on the bottom to act as the crust- work your dough to rest flat on the bottom and creep up the sides
- Paddle cream cheese+vanilla extract+1T cinnamon+1t salt+1C sugar until smooth+fluffy
- Use spatula to equally distribute filling into pan
- Lay 1 crescent rolls worth of dough to cover filling-this is where I like to get creative but at the end of the day it’s going to be covered in cinnamon sugar anyway!
- Melt butter+pour over top of dough
- Cover dough with the rest of cinnamon+sugar
- Bake 350 degrees, 25 minutes, turning half way thru